Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Chloe Piene

Chloe Piene's work is basically what I am supposed to be figuring out how to do for the class. Learning how to use thickness and darkness of lines to create an effect of contrast in an art piece where there isn't value. Which I still haven't figured out. I like how hers look very sketchy but still clean. I also feel like at any moment they might start to move, and I don't really know why I feel that way but that's what I get when I look at them.

I don't love that she incorporates skulls in. The other bones and skeletal markers I'm strangely fine with, but since the one of a girl with a dog has hair and eyes, it just seems very incorrect. Also it raises questions, like is this what she sees when she looks at people? Like if I were to smile at her would she think of all my teeth lined up and look like I'm going to eat her instead of trying to show that I'm a kind and docile human? Its interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment